Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Whoaaa Baby

Well, if you follow me on social media you probably already know... the cat's outta the bag, WE ARE EXPECTING again! A new little addition due in Mid-November. My little hiatus from this here blog can be ever explained by my overwhelming exhaustion and countless bouts of excruciating heartburn. But alas… we are hitting week 14 and things are looking up over here. My energy levels are improving  (slightly) and I have learned to avoid most of the foods that make me feel like my chest is on fire.

As most avid readers know, as previously stated in this post, this little babe was NOT part of the 2015 plan. We had originally decided to hold off on expanding our little family until Alec was through his next stage heart surgery. But as it turns out, I am learning that (once again) I have absolutely no control and that God has his own interesting plan for us. So although very surprised (shocked is more like it), we are incredibly excited to be expanding our little brood.

This go-round has been a bit more difficult for me. For starters, I wasn't really expecting it, so I wasn't mentally prepared for the side affects of growing another human. I swear I have never been this tired in my life. I doze off nearly everyday during Alec's afternoon nap. I am incredibly unproductive, I'd even go out on a limb to say that I have just been plain lazy (which is very out of character for me). I haven't ingested a salad in weeks, and lucky charms have become a staple in my diet. I'm not proud of it… but to be honest, I don't really care. I'm just trying to survive. Dramatic, I know, but any Mom of more than one can probably relate.

So I haven't been feeling fantastic. And I don't know if it's my hormones or what, but this time just hasn't felt quite the same as the first time. I am still in the slightly chubby phase of pregnancy, and I just can't get comfortable in my own skin lately and that's something I'm not super used to. Despite not loving my current look, I am really doing my best to soak all this up. This is a blessing. What is happening inside me is pretty out-of-this-world amazing and I am super lucky to be able to do this again. I am focusing hard on the one-on-one time I have with Alec, knowing that this will only last a few months longer. I am napping whenever possible, knowing that naps will be few and far between with two little ones. And I am enjoying trips to the local creamery once or so a week, and I'm not holding back, because who knows when I'll be able to eat ice cream again guiltlessly.

All this change is so exciting, and so (sort of) scary. To imagine loving another little human as much as I love Alec is just crazy to me. But it's funny, I already feel my heart making more room. There is no experience in life that I have ever loved more than being a mama. Sure it has it's challenges, but it's the best darn job there ever was and I am beyond pumped to experience it all over again. I will keep you all posted on how things are going. On June 15th, we have our second trimester screening. This appointment is super special because not only do we get see that our baby is healthy and perfect, but we also get to find out the gender. Right now, my bet is a little lady, but I change my mind daily so who knows. Please keep baby Drake in your thoughts and prayers as he/she continues to grow and thanks to all for the well wishes and support.