Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Maternity Wear: Summer Edition

The first and second trimesters can be a little tough when it comes to your wardrobe. I, for one, have been struggling to put ensembles together that I feel comfortable in. My body is in a bit of a transition stage currently. My little bump is beginning to become noticeable, but to a complete stranger, I am sure there is a bit of confusion. "Is that chick chubby or knocked up?…Hmmm". So my goal is to avoid that little scenario and just keep my growing belly under wraps for a bit longer (Or until I just plain can't hide it anymore). Anyway, below are a few of my go-to summer picks. As you can probably tell, I am all about lightweight materials and a comfortable fit. Flowy dresses have been a lifesaver and thank the heavens that kimonos are back in style. Funky accessories have allowed me to jazz up a few of my basic pieces. Versatility is key. Although I can't wear some of the classics I adore, like high-waisted denim, I am having a lot of fun playing around with different ways to dress my growing bump.