Monday, November 30, 2015

Introducing...

Our baby boy. Isn't he just the sweetest little thing you've ever laid eyes on? 

Things are going well over here. Kiel is officially back to work after the long holiday weekend and it's just me and the boys from sun up to sun down. I was nervous. How was I going to comfort both of them when needed, how will I find the time to change two poop-filled diapers at once? But to be honest, it's okay. I'm figuring it all out, slowly, but surely. 

Life with two is actually pretty grande. I often find Alec standing over baby Wes in his swing... speaking softly "hi baby wes, how ya doin in there". And just before bed each night, we all five cuddle up in our big king bed. Alec watches a little show, Wes nurses into a deep snooze, and all is well in the Drake household. That's not to say we haven't had our fair share of hiccups here and there. Nursing a newborn is challenging. It sometimes feels as though my arms are always full. My husband has mostly been tending to Alec and it makes me happy to see their little bond grow, but I can't help but feel a bit envious too. It's interesting and somewhat difficult to embrace the new dynamic. But so is life, and I realize that things will change, and it will get easier and we will all eventually adjust in due time. For now,  I am doing my best to embrace it all. To soak up that little baby smell, to bask in those quiet moments that I am nursing in the wee hours of the night. After all, they are only this little for so long... and who knows if I'll get a chance to do this all a third time. 

I hope you all had a lovely holiday amongst family and friends. Ours was one for the books. We ended the day with stuffed bellies and full hearts.

And yay for the upcoming holiday season! Bring on all the Christmas cheer!