Monday, September 14, 2015

31 weeks & Thoughts on Turning the Big 3-0

Helloooo third trimester! How did you get here so fast? It's amazing how quickly time flies when you have a little wild thing to chase after each day. This pregnancy has been a pretty smooth ride and I am pretty surprised with how good I am still feeling this far along. I'm getting nervous though… a happy, healthy nervous. It's hard to imagine our family of three as a family of four, but I am more than excited to meet this little bundle of joy. Over the last few weeks, we have been getting little man's nursery all fixed up so it's a ready to go come November. It's been fun to create a new space within our home. Alec knows that the little room to his left is his "baby brudder's" room and we often sit on the floor together and re-read all the stories I once read to him back in his early stages of life. I think Al is going to make one heck of a big bro. I am really looking forward to seeing my two littles together.

Life is has been hectic lately. We have been road tripping to the beach these past few weekends and most of the time during the week, we have been playing catch-up… trying to run quick errands and get our home back in order. I am looking forward to Autumn. Praying hard that life slows down a touch so we can soak up these last moments together as three. I am also turning thirty this week. I thought I'd be a bit stressed about this upcoming milestone, but in fact, I am actually feeling more than ready. Bring it on thirty, I embrace you.

When I look back over the last ten years, I am more than content with how my twenties panned out. I graduated nursing school, started a rewarding career, married my best friend, and welcomed a beautiful baby boy into the world. It's been a roller coaster ride for sure, but each and every moment was perfect, because it led me to this life. And my life is pretty darn great these days. And what's most exciting is that I think these next ten years are going to be even more fulfilling.