Monday, June 29, 2015

R&R

Dear Ocean,
Thank you for making us feel tiny, humble, inspired, and salty…
all at once.
If you follow me on insta you probably already know that we were away all last week. We spent a full seven days at the Jersey shore, Avalon to be exact, and it was every bit as glorious as I'd hoped it would be. We were fortunate enough to have some seriously beautiful weather, and so therefore, we hit the beach just about every single day. Alec was such a little water bug and it made me so full of joy to see his love for the ocean. Watching him play and run on the beach with his cousins reminded me so much of my own childhood summers. 

Our trip was full of adventure. Lots of morning beach play, outdoor showers, afternoon siestas, and evening ice cream dates. We spent a day in Cape May, checking out all the historic sites. We even made not one, but two, trips to the county zoo. (Which was actually amazing, and FREE. Can't beat that.) We visited Morey's Pier one evening, in Wildwood, and Alec was in awe of all the rides and bustling activity. We beach hopped over to Sea Isle City for a day in the sun with family and friends. Our time away was nothing short of amazing and filled with some much needed R&R. I feel so grateful  to have had this time together with my boys. So many wonderful memories were made that I will cherish for years to come.  

Anyways, get ready for picture overload. And these are just a few of the many photos I captured on the big cam while we were away. 
 Thanks for visiting! I hope your summer has gotten off to a great start as well. Hooray for sunshine and time spent by the sea.