Thursday, June 27, 2013

Firefly Festival 2013



Firefly was three times what is was in 2012. Last year, the total crowd per day consisted of about 15-20,000 people... this year that number tripled at around 60,000 people per day. It was not what I expected in the least, and being that I am over seven months pregnant I was a bit overwhelmed. Kiel and I bought three day passes, but unfortunately only made it to two of the days. My pregnant body just wasn't having it on Sunday. Despite the fact that we couldn't get to enjoy the entire event, we did catch some incredible bands consisting of: Atlas Genius, Dr. Dog, Avett Brothers, Alabama Shakes, Last Royals acoustic set, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Not to mention, that we got to spend some time with many of our long distance pals spread across the east coast. Overall, the weekend was a total success. It took about two days to recover from the intense heat, and all the walking, but I think it was well worth the effort. I'm thinking maybe just one day next year.. if we can find a babysitter.