Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Kind of Saturday

It's Saturday. It's raining. We're at the beach. The kindles are out. It's perfect. 


I am planning on heading back to school in the fall. It just seems like the perfect time in my career to start taking classes towards an advanced degree. Wilmington University has a pretty stellar family nurse practitioner program and my current employer offers total tuition reimbursement. Sooo...Why not?!  I remember how stressful the nursing program was in college and how little free time I had to leisurely read. I am doing my best to get as much reading in as possible before my face is shoved inside an advanced pathophysiology textbook. Some of the books I've ready lately:

'

Elizabeth Gilbert wrote Committed as a follow up to her national bestseller Eat, Pray, Love. This book is about her many fears and ideas about marriage. She uses her travels to study the art of marriage in other cultures. She is on a mission to pinpoint why America's divorce rate is sky-high. It's a slow read, lots of facts, but overall I definitely enjoyed it. 


This book was a national bestseller. The author intertwines two stories, one taking place in the present, and the other during World War I. A chilling portrayal of the Holocaust. This book was amazing, one of the best I've read in a long time. 


Guilty. I realize these books were directed towards teenagers, but I must confess that I read the Hunger Games Series in under a month. These books were incredible. I am counting down the days until the first movie comes out on March 23rd. "May the odds be ever in your favor."


I am currently reading The Happiness Project. I would suggest this book to anyone who wants to make a positive change. Her tips and ideas about happiness are pretty on point.