Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Insomnia.

I worked nightshift over the weekend and finished my four-day stretch Tuesday morning at 7am. It's Wednesday night, and I just can't seem to get back into the swing of things. It's 2am, my body is tired but my mind is running wild with thoughts... I think I may be suffering from SWSD, also known as shift work sleep disorder. I kid you not, this is a real diagnosis on WebMD...

"Working the graveyard shift forces the body to operate counter to its circadian rhythm, the internal clock that tells us when we should be sleeping and when we should wake. Few people adapt easily or completely to such schedules. It’s not uncommon for such people to suffer from shift work sleep disorder (SWSD)."




Speaking of sleep, Kiel and I just recently went o Hawaii and stayed in an awesome home rental on the north shore of Oahu (Pics and details to come). They had the most amazing california king bed that was loaded with feather pillows. Kiel and I are thinking about seriously investing in one... Goodbye tax return.