Monday, December 28, 2015

Happy Holidays to You and Yours

This holiday season has not been calm, but it surely has been oh so very bright! 

We spent the Eve with my family at our house this year. The night was full. All thirty of us ate filet and crab bisque. We drank wine and sang Christmas carols. There was no shortage of gifts, the kids made out like bandits once again.  It was a bit exhausting, but in the best way possible. My extended family has so many wonderful holiday traditions and I was so excited to share them all with my own children. 
Christmas day was so thrilling. Watching Alec's eyes as he surveyed all his gifts under the tree from Santa was everything I imagined. He was over the moon. "I be a good boy, I get presents from Santa!" The rest of the day was spent with my husband's family. Alec and Wes are the only grandchildren on this side, so needless to say, they get smothered with love and attention. (Which they don't mind one bit.) The Drakes are incredibly generous to not only the children, but to Kiel and I as well. They are thoughtful, wonderful gift givers, and we all walked away from Christmas day very pleased and grateful. 

I am sad to see the Christmas holiday pass, but I am beyond ready to slow down a bit. I want to soak up every last bit of my maternity leave.  It's hard to believe I only have about two weeks left at home. Although I only work two nights a week, those twelve hour all-nighters do take a toll on me and my husband. I am nervous to leave my little one, as I have been handling all of the night feedings myself. Wes loves his mama, probably because of the milk, but I'll take what I can get. Alec has been regressing a bit in the sleep department, so I already know the nights without me at home will be long. The boys are growing so quickly. It's amazing how fast time flies. It feels like just yesterday that Alec was placed in my arms for the very first time. Now I am a mother of two, my littlest being nearly seven weeks old. How did that happen?! 

And how is it nearly 2016?! I am working on some resolutions. Nothing too intense, I want to make sure my goals are attainable. Most of all, I want to live in the present. I want to live simply and with intention. That's my main focus for the new year. These are the days, or so I'm told, and they go by so quickly. 

So Happy New Year to all you amazing people who visit us here on this little site. Come and visit us anytime. As life gets a bit more chaotic,  I hope to maintain Good Morning Beautiful, as it's really been a wonderful place for me to share my family, interests, and general thoughts on life. I know I will look back on all of this and cherish all that I have documented here.