Monday, November 2, 2015

Currently....

Sorry in advance for this sob story of a post, 
but I was feeling the need to get a few things off my chest....

My big boy. He is finally just recovering from a six day long bug and we've been cooped up in our home, quarantined, for most of it. It's been a trying week, with lots of tears, on both ends honestly. We've played with every toy car and choo choo, made shapes of every kind with play doh, and watched every darn episode of 'ruff ruff, tweet, and dave' that On Demand has to offer. Getting him to eat a hearty meal has been an ongoing struggle, and the NEED for a lollipop has been more than once a day. 

My little one. He is active nearly all day long. My belly is stretched and itchy. It is a struggle to roll out of bed each and every time I have to pee in the middle of the night. Providing care to my sick patients for nearly thirteen hours on my feet is becoming harder with every shift. Bending to pick up matchbox cars three times a day is my worst nightmare. At 38 weeks, and two days I can safely say that my body has had enough. I am beyond ready to meet our little babe. I am ready to be an official mama of two. Please come soon baby boy. 

Family. My little unit of four is so very loved. We have an incredible support system that I thank God for each and every day. But with every family comes struggles. I feel no need to get into details, as many of these issues are very personal, but I will be the first to admit, that the stress I feel and the worry that consumes me when thinking of some I love most is at times more than I care to bare. I pray for recovery. I pray for health. And I now realize that sometimes that is all you can do. You can't force someone to change. You can't force them to recognize the many blessings in their lives. You can only remain hopeful.

So life hasn't been the easiest around these parts lately. It's been challenging to say the least. It's times like these that I am so thankful for my right hand man. My husband is truly my saving grace. He is endlessly supportive and conscious of my needs. He makes the ups so incredibly good, and he makes the downs so much more bearable. I don't know where I would be without him in this life and Lord knows I never want to find out.

So I guess my overall point is this...
"Life isn't meant to be easy, it's meant to be lived. Sometimes happy, other time rough.
But with every up and down, you learn lessons that make you strong." - unknown
We've got a tough load, but it will soon lighten. The joy of our little boy will soon be upon us. The joy of my two perfect little boys meeting for the first time. The joy and excitement of the holiday season with family and friends. Although our 'right now' isn't perfect, it is these moments that are shaping me into a better, stronger person and for that I am thankful.