Monday, October 19, 2015

Lately

Reading: I'm attempting to read Ship of Brides by Jojo Moyes… without success. I was a huge fan of her bestseller Me Before You. I haven't made it far into the book and I kind of refuse to give up, but there are two new books that have been on my radar for some time and I am eager to move one. Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff and A Window Opens by Elisabeth Egan.

Wanting: Please don't get me wrong, I love that I am pregnant. I love that I have been given the opportunity to become a mother again. I absolutely cannot wait to meet my baby boy... however, I am craving my pre-pregnancy self. Mostly, just my pre-baby body. It seems as though everything is starting to feel more challenging. Getting (more like rolling) out of bed to pee in the middle of the night (3 times a night), putting Alec in his car seat, and walks to the neighborhood park. It's all a bit more challenging and I look forward to moving around again with ease. Here's hoping the baby weight comes off quickly!

Eating: Apple cider donuts. That is all.

Drinking: Water, and the predictable (very #basic) pumpkin spice latte. 

Enjoying: This weather is perfection. My little man and I have been soaking up the outdoors as much as possible, in fact, being inside makes me feel guilty. Our days are full of fun adventures to orchards and parks, and our evenings are spent cruising the block with dad.

Wearing: I'm there… THERE, meaning that incredibly uncomfortable stage of pregnancy when all you want to do is wear a mu-mu or your husband's sweats, but it's not socially acceptable. The stage where you can't wear anything too loose or you look like a house, but you can't really wear anything too tight or you risk people throwing comments at you like "are you sure there's not two in there!?!". Attempting to remain somewhat stylish has become a challenge, but I have found that my staple go-to ensemble consists of a full-panel skinny jean, a simple tank, a drapey kimono/cardi of sorts, and my sam edelman booties. Toss on a scarf and/or some geometric jewels and there you have it.

Listening: Ryan Adams, 1989. What an interesting take on each of Taylor's hits. Perfect background music. And I'm into Coleman Hell's, Two Heads.


Watching: The Knick and The Leftovers and Homeland. We have a lot going on in the TV department these days.

Wishing: For a safe and healthy delivery. I feel like social media has me going crazy… I have come across so many heartbreaking stories lately about newborn loss and I am starting to develop some serious paranoia. Things have gone incredibly smooth this go-round and I pray, pray, pray it stays that way.  

Capturing: Oh, you know, the standard… photos of my boy…with pumpkins and multi-colored leaves… at the apple orchard… eating cider donuts. All things Fall.