Monday, April 13, 2015

My Make-up Bag: Spring Edition

1/2/3/4/5/6/7

My makeup bag drastically changes from season to season. In the warmer months, I tend to avoid powders. I opt for a more natural glow. I first like to apply a simple anti-aging serum to a freshly washed face. I prefer Lancome, it's smooth and light and it doesn't cause break-outs. I then spread a BB cream evenly across my face. I prefer Maybelline's Dream Pure BB Cream. For starters, it's inexpensive. It contains 2% salicylic acid so it clears acne while still concealing imperfections and reducing redness. This product gets an A+ in my book.  I recently discovered Becca's shimmering skin perfecter in Opal. It's nice to add a touch to my moisturizer to use all over or it can be used as a highlighter on your brow and cheek bones. It really helps you to achieve that natural glow. Next, I add a dab of Benetint's Lollitint to my cheeks and lips to liven up my complexion and give my skin that barely-there flush. For me, a waterproof mascara is a must in the summer. With frequent trips to the beach or pool, I am bound to get splashed my toddler… so a mascara that stays in one place is absolutely necessary. As I get older, I am trying to be more cautious about sun exposure. I opt for CeraVe Sunscreen for my face. It protects without breaking me out, which is a miracle. In fact, it's truly the only face lotion I have ever used that didn't irritate my skin or clog pores. Their sunscreen is a must. I also love any spf lip balm by Sun Bum. The coconut is topnotch. 

Enjoy the warmth that is coming your way! Happy Spring folks!