Friday, December 5, 2014

MY Holiday Wishlist

This holiday season I will be posting a holiday gift guide every Friday in place of my standard Ten Things posts… I hope you enjoy them and maybe even get a few ideas for those that you love (or yourself).
1. Gap Pure Body Leggings. I don't know about you, but I LOVE the Gap. In past years I wasn't an avid customer, but once I became pregnant I truly fell in love with this store. The Gap's Maternity line was my go-to spot for all my basics during my pregnancy. Once I opened a gap card, the deals started rolling in and my cart is constantly full of clothes for the whole family. I particularly love their leggings because they are reasonably priced, incredibly slimming, and, best of all, they don't fade after several washes. I already have a few pairs of leggings, but you can NEVER have enough. Especially when you spend most of your time at home running after a one year old.

2. Happy Handmade Home. An awesome book including tons of cheap, DIY projects for your home, brought to you by the amazing girls of A Beautiful Mess. Kiel and I are always up for a good DIY project that is budget friendly and these girls offer just that.

3. Dark Olive Weekender Bag via Birdling Bags. A compartmentalized bag for travel, with innovative interior dividers and ample pockets. A weekender bag that actually keeps your things organized, check it out. Pretty amazing, right?!

4. Not That Kind of Girl. "A young woman tells you what she's learned about falling in love, feeling alone, being ten pound overweight despite only eating healthy food, having to prove yourself in a room full of men twice your age, and, most of all, having the guts to believe that your story is one worth being told." I love Lena Dunham. I love her hit show, Girls. I will probably love this book. 

5. A new set of sneaks! This pair, in particular, look like they would go with just about everything in my closet. I love new balance. I have a pair of grey 405's that I have been wearing for the last year or so that are pretty worn. It's time to up my game and splurge on a new pair to add to the collection.

6. J.Crew Factory Printed Flannel Pajama Set. As we are gearing up for winter, I am coming to the realization that Alec and I will be spending much more times indoors. I, for one, already attempt to stay in my pj"s for as long as physically possible, throughout the day, and now that the cold is upon us I am really wanting a few more comfy pajama sets to add to my collection. I love this set in particular. The print is fantastic and J.Crew never fails at making a quality product.

7. A yearly family membership to Longwood Gardens. I have only been a few times as an adult and I was amazed even then. Sooo much to see, soooo much to do. This would be a perfect place to take Alec during the week to get out the house and break up the day. We are always looking forward to a fun adventure. Their Indoor Children's Garden is great in the winter and they have an outdoor play area, called the Children's Corner, that I know my kid would totally love. Plus they really do it up for the holiday season and for a kid who loves lights as much as Alec, a membership really seems worth the price. This item is my ultimate holiday wish this year.