Thursday, November 6, 2014

Snapshots

My little ham, sharing sweet smiles during dinner one evening.
A close friend of mine asked me to bake her a cake, and not just any cake! She is pregnant with her second little one and I could not be more excited for her and her growing family. The morning of her second trimester screen, she and her husband opted not to find out the sex of the baby. Instead, the ultrasound tech sent them home with a sealed envelope and she immediately dropped it off to me. I obviously opened it as soon as she exited and jumped around the kitchen when I saw what was inside… it was GIRL! (which is super exciting because they have a two year old son already.) Needless to say, I baked them a little pink cake and iced that bad boy up. My friend and her beautiful little family cut into the cake later than night and her little boy announced the sex of the baby on video. It was seriously the sweetest thing, it filled my eyes with tears to see their joy. Congrats friend! It was such a pleasure to be included in the big surprise!
The master bedroom is coming along.. slowly but surely.
Our backyard friends. Alec loves to stare out the window each evening and look the deer. 
Sea Witch Festival Family Selfie.