Monday, October 27, 2014

Lately

Reading: I just finished Gone Girl. I know, I know, I am way behind. I have had it downloaded on my kindle for quite some time, but I had a few other books I had been meaning to read first. Let me just say, it was incredible. I honestly couldn't put it down. I finished it in under week, which for me, is unheard of. (Not much time to read when you have a little adventurer to run after). Now I can see the movie, which I also heard was incredible. Next, I think I'll be moving on to…"The Girl You Left Behind" by JoJo Moyes. She wrote "Me Before You" which was so so good. Or possibly "This Is Where I Leave You" which was recommended by a friend and recently made into a movie. 

Wanting: the "Petty" Bootie in black velvet, this checkered scarf, these leather striped leggings, & these amazing flannel pajamas. Seriously, the list could go on and on. I clearly want a lot of things. 

Eating: Milburn Orchard apple cider donuts & honey crisp apples, and lots of lots of chicken noodle soup from Costco

Drinking: spiked apple cider, malbec, lemon water, & salted caramel mocha lattes

Enjoying:  I have really been enjoying Alec's music class. We go to a montessori school once a week and we sing cheesy songs and dance super silly and Alec grins from ear to ear the entire time. The class is great for us because Alec gets some interaction with other kids his age. It allows him to socialize at a distance, which is really important, especially this time of year. Each child has their own set of instruments and nothing is shared so germs aren't spread like wildfire. I don't want to completely shelter my kid, but when you have a serious heart condition, a little cold to others can be really serious to us, so we have to be super careful.

Wearing: my newly purchased navy minnetonka slippers, and lots of flannel

Listening: "Shut up and dance" by Walk The Moon. One of my favorite bands currently. I am anxiously awaiting their new album. The single is so upbeat, even Alec can get into it. Also, "Take Me To Church" by Hozier. 

Watching: The Americans on FOX. We are behind, so we are watching on Netflix. It's a really interesting show, unlike anything else I have ever seen on TV. And I love Keri Russell, since the Felicity days. She reminds me of a good friend of mine.

Wishing: This beautiful weather sticks around for a while. Our Fall afternoons have been filled with long walks and park visits and we couldn't be happier to get out of the house and enjoy the outdoors before the long winter arrives. 

Capturing: Obviously, lots of pics and videos of Al. I don't want the poor kid feeling as though he has a camera in his face 24/7, but it's important to me to capture these precious moments because he is only this little for so long. And he is just the biggest ham. How can I resist.
"Oh, hey there."
 "Okay, I see what you're doing."
"Sure, sure, I'll give you a cheese."