Thursday, September 25, 2014

It's Here! My Most Favorite Time of the Year!

This is the first official week of Fall and I couldn't be more excited. Autumn is, by far, my absolute favorite time of year. For one, (other than today) the weather in Delaware is absolutely perfect. Mid-70's and sunshine most of the time. And not to mention, that family gatherings and the holiday season are just around the corner.

I love crisp morning walks, hayrides, and bonfires. I love pumpkin lattes, honeycrisp apples, and a crockpot full of chili. I love layering on flannel, knit sweaters, and chunky scarves. I love trips to the orchard to pick apples. I love decorating my mantle with little white pumpkins found at our local nursery. I love to drape cozy blankets over every arm chair and sofa. I love filling my home with the sweet aroma of mulled cider and cinnamon. I love dusting off my kettle to make warm cups of tea. I truly LOVE this marvelous season and I look forward to spending many of my days outdoors with family and friends.

A few subtle hints of Fall around our home