Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Slow Down

Usually, Kiel and I put Alec down in his crib awake and let him drift off to dreamland on his own. But just recently I have come to the realization that my little baby is only going to be this little for so long. I realized that I need to soak all this up because soon enough he won't want to be held any longer. He will be a big boy. He will want to explore and adventure on his own. So, every now and again, I break all the sleep training rules, and I let my little love fall into a deep and heavenly sleep right in my arms and I let him stay there for a while... rocking him, kissing his chubby little hands, and stroking his strawberry blonde hair.
In just about a month, Alec will be one year old. ONE. A whole year of life has past by us in a blink of an eye and I find it very hard to believe that we are here already. This year has been so full of love, full of worry, and full of strength. I am so very proud of my boy for all he has become and for all that he has withstood. What a little warrior he is, and he has no idea.