Saturday, August 17, 2013

Overwhelmed.

I am overwhelmed by all the love and support my husband and I have received over the last few
months.

About two weeks ago, the Drakes spoiled us rotten and threw us an amazing, dinosaur-themed baby shower. Everything was beautiful, from the cake to the decor. They really did it up for the little guy and I honestly can't thank them all enough. This little boy is so loved already. Alec will be the first Drake grandchild and needless to say.. they all can't wait to get their hands on him and neither can I.

About a week ago, I was having a rough day.. just feeling exhausted. I had a scheduled meeting for work that I had to come in for and I wasn't too thrilled about it. At the end of our meeting, my amazing co-workers surprised me with the most generous shower! I was so overwhelmed.. I honestly had no idea! They turned my whole day around and I couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear. They not only threw together a beautiful shower, but people were MORE than generous. I am so incredibly lucky to work with these people.
My very good friend and also co-worker, Jen O'Brien, has gone out of her way to organize a team in honor of Alec for the American Heart Association Heart Walk on September 8th. The team has raised $2,000 and consists of 54 members! Kiel and I honestly had no idea this was going on. We feel so honored and loved to know that we have so much love and support in the community. If you would love to join or just check it out, you can visit the webpage here: Hearts of Love for Baby Drake 

Then, when I thought we couldn't possible handle anymore generosity, my family threw us an additional baby shower this past weekend. They held the shower at one of Kiel and I's favorite restaurants, Redfire Grill. They rented out the entire place for Sunday Lunch... it was over the top, and I say that in the best way possible. The food was amazing, the decor perfectly matched to our nursery theme, and the guests were so incredibly generous. It was so wonderful to see my entire extended family and friends. The day was absolutely perfect.

Just thinking about all everyone's generosity, love, and support brings tears to my eyes. I feel like the luckiest, most grateful, person on earth. Thank you to everyone who has gone out of your way to support and pray for our little family. We couldn't do it without you. 
xoxo - L