Monday, April 22, 2013


A little something to get you through the next nine months or so...
1. Gap Maternity Denim is honestly a life-saver. Jeans that are not only affordable, but fit well and don't make you feel like you're wearing 'mom' jeans. Gap and Old Navy both offer a wide variety of fits and colors. I've purchased three pairs so far and I couldn't be happier. It also helps that they often have great sales.
2. Mama Mio Tummy Rub was given to me as a gift from a friend... my mommy mentor. She recently had a little on of her own and she swears by this belly balm. It smells absolutely amazing, fresh and clean, and doesn't stain my sheets or clothes like some other oils tend to do.
3. Vitafusion Prenatal Gummy Vitamins are a blessing. When I first started taking prenatals, it seemed like the end of the world. I could not find a single brand...iron or no-iron.. fish-based or plant-based.. that did not make me want to hurl. That is until... I came across these. Yes, I do feel like a five year-old as I chew my sugar-coated gummy vitamin each morning, but I honestly couldn't care less, just as long as they don't make me sicker than I already feel.
4. Belly Laughs is hysterical book written by the comedian, Jenny McCarthy. She approaches the subject of pregnancy, head-on, in a way that almost any woman can relate to.
5. The Boppy Body Pillow really does make a difference. For all those late nights that I awoke  to pee.. then lay restlessly, unable to get comfortable in the wee hours of the morning. This was my solution. It has three detachable parts that velcro into one. Before buying a body pillow, I can assure you, I was a skeptic. But after reading the many positive reviews, I made the purchase. I'm really glad I did, because I am now a believer. I have even caught my husband snuggling with it after I get out of bed.