Tuesday, August 21, 2012

friends.


You will fall in love with your friends. Deep, passionate love. You will create a second family with them, a kind of tribe that makes you feel less vulnerable. Sometimes our families can’t love us all the time. Sometimes we’re born into families who don’t know how to love us properly. They do as much as they can but the rest is up to our friends. They can love you all the time, without judgement. At least the good ones can. 

Kiel and I just spent a long weekend in Austin, TX. Ross and Amber showed us a great time and were more than accommodating. We ate tons of tex-mex, rode a mechanical bull, and lounged pool-side as much as possible. It was the perfect mix of fun and relaxation. After a wonderful weekend away, I ventured off to Stone Harbor, NJ to spend the day with some of my favorite gal pals. We ate, we drank, we laughed. It was just what I needed. Now, I have two shifts standing between me and a visit from my best bud (who is currently residing in L.A.). She is flying in on Friday and I absolutely cannot wait to see her! The countdown is on :)