Monday, February 23, 2015

Just a few thoughts on the Oscars...

This might be the first year in all of history that I managed to stay awake and see the entire Oscar show. It was pretty entertaining.

I found Neil Patrick Harris' host performance to be relatively underwhelming. Other than his opening number, he really didn't blow me away. What happened to Ellen? Now she was spectacular. Let's get her back on board.

And how about Lady Gaga. Holy smokes, she can actually sing?! Who would have thought. She seriously nailed her performance.

Naomi Watts. What in God's name was she wearing? A tube top… a dress? I don't care what E! Fashion News reports, her dress was atrocious and I was pretty bummed because I normally really like her fashion choices.

Graham Moore, the winner of best adapted screenplay, gave the most incredible speech about his personal struggles. "Stay weird, stay different." Now that's how do it Hollywood. Put your silly lists of names away (those people know you appreciate all their support) and use your limelight to say something extraordinary.

Jennifer Anniston is like Benjamin Button… she just keeps getting younger and more beautiful as time goes on. Her body is insane and she looked phenomenal last night.

Was it me or did Dakota Johnson seem like she was on drugs?

John Legend's voice is as smooth as butter. His "Glory" performance with Common was really moving. And their acceptance speeches were even more inspiring. Good for them.

And finally, I am so happy for Eddie Redmayne and Julianne Moore. I can't wait to see both films. I actually just downloaded Still Alice onto my kindle. I'll let you know how it is.

Anywho, that's my two cents on the Oscars. I hope you had a relaxing weekend. Happy Monday folks!