Sunday, January 4, 2015

Snapshots: Our Holiday at Home


The hustle bustle of the holiday season has come to a close and although it saddens me to take down all the Christmas decor, I am sort of excited for the next few slow winter months. Kiel and I hosted back to back holiday parties, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We both have rather large families, so both days we served a full-course sit-down dinner to twenty-some people. Part of me wonders what the heck I was thinking, but fortunately, despite a few minor outbursts on my end, things turned out pretty darn lovely. It was such a cool experience to host Christmas in our new home with everyone we love by our sides. Alec had an absolute ball, and being that we were in our own home, things were much easier for us, especially bedtime (No lugging around bulky pack'n'plays and late-night carseat transfers). And not to mention, our home is baby proof approved so we didn't have to worry about Alec getting into every little thing (Sixteen months is a very adventurous age!). So, despite the chaos, the pros heavily outweighed the cons, and I think we'll just get wild and do it all again next holiday season.

Because of my nursing career, I unfortunately have to work a few holidays a year. I was very grateful to have off Christmas this year, but was super sad to miss smooching my boys at midnight when the ball dropped on New Year's Eve. Kiel and I did manage to FaceTime one another as the countdown dropped to one. We gave each other a cheesy air kiss and said our "I love you's" so not all of NYE was completely lost. Cheers to a wonderful holiday season and to an exciting new year.