Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Why I 'Blog'

I created my online journal in 2012, because for about a year prior, I had taken an interest and started following at least ten different blogs regularly. I would read these blogs daily and, over time, I really started to feel connected to these women and their families. I liked what they had to share, whether it be fashion tips, family photos, or just random thoughts or advice. For a while I had thought to myself… "hey, this could be a really fun hobby." I loved the idea of using your own creativity to make an online space that was all your own, unique to you. I looked at blogging, and I still do, as a place to log my thoughts, ideas, and personal style. Surprisingly, I actually took four years of art in high school. I had always planned on doing something for a living that involved my creative abililty; however, nursing seemed like a much more practical choice… and if you know me, you know that I am a very practical person. So I followed my mother's advice and headed in that direction instead. Although I love my job, I have always wanted to get back to my artistic roots one day. I could never seem to find the desire to start drawing or painting again, but I did start to become more interested in photography and web design. I asked my husband his thoughts about the whole 'blogging' idea and he encouraged me to give it a shot…. And with that little boost of confidence, I then created "Good Morning Beautiful".

Over the past two years, Good Morning Beautiful, has kind of become a hodge podge of ideas. A cluster of thoughts about things I saw, researched, or pictures I had taken. I had never really intended on sharing my little online space with anyone, but when I found out about Alec's heart condition it seemed like a good place to inform the world about what we were going through. It was important to me that if people were going to talk … they would at least have the facts straight. I shared my online journal on Facebook and it got a decent amount of attention for a little while. After realizing that people may be somewhat interested, I decided to refocus and mostly use this website as a place to share about family and motherhood.

My goal for the upcoming year is to hone in on the things I truly want to share. I want to use this space to create a scrapbook of my life... a place to log my personal thoughts and perspective... a place to track my personal growth, as well as, my families. I realize that I am no expert in style, motherhood, or really anything for that matter, but I figure it never hurts to share. Maybe someone will be grateful for what I have to say, or find something I share helpful in their own current life.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and I hope you came across something interesting while you were here.

- L