Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Jump Start

Reading a national bestseller by Harvey Karp to discover how to make Alec "The Happiest Toddler on the Block (how to eliminate tantrums, and raise a patient, respectful, and cooperative one- to four-year-old)".
We have entered the beginnings of toddlerhood and I am doing my very best to prepare myself for what's to come. Currently, Alec is still pretty cooperative. He goes with the flow rather easily and only usually puts up a fight when he's tired or feeling under the weather. Though things are going pretty well now, I am starting to see glimpses of the little opinionated person he will soon become. Since he began to walk, he has become a bit more inpatient during outings. He absolutely hates being contained in the car seat or stroller for longer than 20 minutes and he's very vocal about his feelings, always has been. I've also noticed a bit more resistance when it comes to doing things he isn't interested in doing; such as napping, or sitting on mama's lap for story time. He just wants to wildly explore and practice his newly acquired skills. With that being said, I am trying to get a bit of a jump start on things. I really loved Harvery Karp's "The Happiest Baby on the Block" and found many of his methods super helpful with Alec during those first few clueless months of parenthood. I am really hopeful that this next book will be just as helpful in guiding us through this first go-round of toddlerhood. Wish us luck, I'll let you know how it goes.