Sunday, July 13, 2014

Our Summer Vacation



Family vacation was incredible. It was the first time the four of us (Oliver included) have spent more than three consecutive days together since Alec's arrival. We packed as much fun as we could into each and everyday without forgetting to slow down and relax a bit too. We had some fantastic weather and spent many of our days lounging under a canopy in the sand until nearly dinner time. Kiel and I both got some real opportunities to relax, both on our own and together. My parents were a great help with Alec, especially in the mornings, and both Kiel and I got more sleep than we had in months. Friday night couldn't have been a more awesome close to our week. Kiel and my Dad played some live music at our local beach bar and the crowd was plentiful, buzzed, and happy. It was a really fun night that couldn't have turned out any better. 

Alec absolutely loved vacation. He ate the sand, spent time with cousins and friends, took a few dips in the sea...but best of all he FINALLY learned how to crawl. Needless to say, he is getting pretty darn quick, pretty darn fast... so Kiel and I left early this morning to make sure we could finish up baby proofing once we got home! Life is good and although I am very sad for vacation to come to a close, I am definitely ready to be in the comforts of my own home and to sleep in my own big comfy bed.