Sunday, December 1, 2013


It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I had to work last Christmas. That morning, while at work, a co-worker/friend encouraged me to take a pregnancy test. For some reason, she had a weird 'hunch' that Kiel and I were expecting. At that point, we had been trying to get pregnant for several months. I still hadn't missed a period, so I thought nothing of her 'hunch' and carried on with my nursing duties until my shift was over. I got off of work around 11:30 am and headed home to celebrate the holiday with the fam. When I got home, Kiel and pup were lounging around and I was rushing to get myself together for the afternoon celebrations. 

Amidst my hurry... 
I had to pee... 
when I went to pee...
I remembered a hunch...
I grabbed a stick... 
two minutes later... 
there were two lines. 

Last Christmas, Kiel and I received the best gift of all. We found out that we were pregnant with our beautiful boy. Christmas truly is the most wonderful time of the year. I will cherish this memory for the rest of my life.