Monday, October 21, 2013

Over the Weekend...

 Kiel went back to work when Alec was about two weeks old. I have been left to handle the little guy all day every day, by my lonesome, until about 6pm. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, because I really wouldn't have it any other way. But the days can sometimes get a bit redundant, and by around 4pm I am really ready for some adult interaction. Let's just say.. I have really learned to live for the weekends. I LOVE the weekends. Waking up slow, all together in our big comfy bed with nowhere to go, is just about the best thing in world. Kiel is a super hands-on Dad and he loves taking over on the weekend. It's amazing to watch, and I do love the little break it gives me too. The free time I get to myself over the weekend is filled with luxurious activities...i.e. eyebrow plucking and extra long showers for leg shaving. 
It's crazy to think that I only have two weeks left of my maternity leave. Being a nurse, I have the luxury of going back to work part-time. I will have to work two 12 hour shifts a week and I have chosen to work all nights shifts to avoid childcare. I am now coming to the realization that I should probably establish some sort of a routine with Alec before I return, especially an evening routine. At least two nights a week, the hubs will have to put Alec down for the night and wake up to feed him throughout. Fortunately, once he goes down around 9:30 or so, he usually only wakes up between 2 and 3, and then again between 6 and 7. Regardless, it's a lot of work, and I want to make sure we have a system down pat so Kiel can get the most amount of rest possible. Any recommendations welcome!

Kiel and I took a few fall family photos over the weekend (Yes, I dressed my newborn in a ridiculous flannel and some denim... I just couldn't resist!)