Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Chaos.

Chaos is among us! Not only do Kiel and I have a four week old, but we are about to put our home on the market. Insane, I know. But a home just down the road, in our same safe and beautiful neighborhood, became available to us just recently and we couldn't pass it up. 

We have lived in our town home now for just over five years, and it has been a great run. I wouldn't even say that we have even outgrown it yet, because it's a pretty spacious house.. over 2000 square feet. Even so, Kiel has been on the hunt for a single family in our area for some time now, and nothing has really hit the mark in regards to our must-list. Of course, at the most chaotic time ever, a beautiful single family became available and it just so happens to have everything we want... nice curb appeal, a huge fenced-in back yard for the pup, a large double driveway and two-car garage, a pretty open floor plan, a finished walk-out basement, and some recent upgrades that were pretty much just a bonus at this point.  Even though this place offered us everything that we ever wanted, I was still on the fence about purchasing. It just didn't seem like the right time and we would have to stretch ourselves a bit financially to make it work. Needless to say, my parents and Kiel convinced me that if we didn't put an offer in, I'd regret it... and so, we put an offer in and our home inspection is already in the works. We are set to move in early spring... yikes.

I love our current home, it's ridiculously cozy and the color scheme is so warm with hues of tans, oranges, and reds. But as much as I love our house, I am so excited to have a new blank canvas to work with. My style has changed drastically since we bought our town home five years ago. I have been pinning like crazy and I have come across some really inspiring decor ideas.

 The perfect bright white kitchen and open concept living space.
 An inspiring entryway.
 A quaint little coffee bar.
Laundry room organization at it's finest.