Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Baby Drake Update

Kiel and I went to CHOP on Monday. We had a prenatal visit, which went very well. Little boy is measuring 3 pounds, 14 ounces... hard to believe he has grown a full pound in less than two weeks! All of his measurements look spot on and we are so very proud. After our visit with the prenatal team, we had our fetal echocardiogram. Kiel and I are finally starting to actually understand what they are looking for and measuring at each visit. After our test, we met with our amazing cardiac team. They claimed that his heart looks relatively unchanged, which is actually great news!  Our cardiologist stated that all of their findings were encouraging and that this was definitely a good visit. Phew! Surprisingly, we have only one more echo scheduled before our boy's arrival... Time is flying by! Only 9 weeks to go! Kiel and I are doing our very best to soak up as much downtime as we possibly can before our little guy makes his appearance in September.... meaning lots of beach time and tons of afternoon naps. 


I hope everyone's summer is kicking off to a good start. The weather has been rather dreary on the east coast, making it super hard to be productive. Honestly, the heat, humidity, and rain are getting out of control and I am super over it. My body just can't handle the rise in temp like it usually does. I don't know about you, but I have been spending as much time as possible in the air conditioning. Hopefully, the weather starts to cool down and the sun starts to shine so I can at least enjoy a little more beach time before the summer ends. 

xo -L