Monday, June 3, 2013

Baby Drake Update

27 Weeks! Where did the time go? I am nearing my third trimester... which is pretty overwhelming when I really start to think about everything. Overall, I have to say, I am feeling pretty wonderful. A few pee breaks during the night, but I honestly can't complain!

Kiel and I had several appointments at CHOP today. We had a standard fetal ultrasound to measure the baby's overall growth. To our surprise, little man is developing beautifully in there. He is in the 75th percentile, weighing in at 2 pounds, 4 ounces already! According to our OB, he is measuring about a week ahead of schedule! And it looks like my placenta previa has finally resolved. Phew! Now, the chances of me delivering my little mister normally have drastically increased! 

We also had a follow-up fetal echocardiogram, to check on his little heart. Apparently, things are looking relatively un-changed from our last visit. According to the cardiologist, "No news is good news" and he stated that things look very encouraging, which we were glad to hear. We were in the hospital all day, with appointments lasting from 7am to 2pm. Needless to say, we are exhausted, but we couldn't be more happy with our decision to receive our care at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Everyone we met was so encouraging and supportive.

Thanks to all for the love and support. Not a day goes by, that I don't wake up feeling grateful for all the friends and family we have rooting for us. 

xoxo - L