Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fit Pregnancy

Now that I am finally feeling good, I have decided that I really need to dedicate more of my time to diet and fitness. I spent the latter part of my first trimester napping, and the only foods that were actually appetizing were waffles, pancakes, and french toast. Needless to say, by around week 12, I quickly realized that if I continue down this path.. I may be in a little bit of trouble. Since I came to this realization, I have been hitting the gym about three times a week. I've also been paying much more attention to all the other food groups... ya know like fruits and veggies... maybe some protein every once in a while. When it comes to the gym, I definitely don't do anything crazy, but I do spend some time doing light cardio on the elliptical or treadmill, and then I add in a bit of core strength training when I have the time or energy. Since I have made these simple changes over the last few weeks, I have been feeling great. My lower back pain is gone, and my overall energy level is much improved. I found a great website on pinterest, called fittamomma.com, that offers a large variety of great exercises for pregnancy. I also started reading the magazine, FitPregnancy. I highly recommend giving both a peek.