Thursday, September 20, 2012

Top 5 Essentials

 As I began packing up some things for our anniversary get-away to London and Paris, I began thinking about what was most important. Listed below are my: 
TOP FIVE MOST ESSENTIAL ITEMS FOR TRAVEL

1.Dry Shampoo
There is nothing more necessary than dry shampoo after a long flight, especially an overnight flight. Kiel and I will be landing in London in the early AM and hopefully we both catch a couple solid Zzz's on our way over the Atlantic. I swear by Suave's Keratin Infused Dry Shampoo. I've tried all the expensive brands(i.e. bumble&bumble etc.) and honestly they are of no match. FYI, dry shampoo works best for me when used before bed. I somehow wakeup looking oil-free. It's fantastic.

2. A Signature Scent
My well-traveled friend made a superb suggestion to me the other day. When traveling somewhere, pick out a new signature scent to use on the trip.. such as Bath&Body's Eucalyptus Spearmint. Whenever you smell this product in the future you will always be reminded of your wonderful getaway. (I purchased the shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion... all in travel size and all three for $10.)

3. A Good Read
I don't know what kind of books your into, but I can read books from a plethora of genres. Non-fiction to Romance... I do not discriminate. I love em all. I have yet to read the book above, but I have talked to many people who just rave about Erik Larson and his two best-sellers, In the Garden of Beasts and The Devil in the White City. This book should hopefully get me through both nine hour flights and a two and half hour train ride!

4. Rainboots
These may not be necessity for everyone when traveling, but Kiel and I are headed to a very rainy place and I've had my eye on some hunter boots for a while now. I figured it was the perfect time to invest. They will keep my feet not only dry, but comfy too! I went with a neural black, the perfect basic to get me through our 10 days away.

5. Your Itinerary
Kiel and I LOVE to travel, and if there is one thing I like to do it's planning our vacations. I research our travel destination like it's nobody's business and I try to plan and schedule as much in advance as possible. As much as you don't want a vacation to seem super busy and hectic... a little planning can actually allow for much more down-time in the long run. Planning out routes from destination to destination is essential when self-guiding in a foreign city. It can cut down travel time, and in our case arguments, because in case you didn't know, the Mr. and I are always both right. Not to mention, cutting down wait time. Waiting in line is for the birds, and I lack patience, so you can see how this is a big plus to someone like me. 

Anywho, those are just a few suggestions on what to bring when you travel and how to travel well when you do.