Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Baby Shower Gift Guide

Is it me, or does everybody else feel like they are surrounded by pregnant women. Every time I turn around, another baby is either being born or conceived. I am all for it, because I love shopping for others, especially infants. In fact, once I start I can't stop. After being educated by some new moms on what they actually need/enjoy receiving,  I have came across a couple ideas for future baby shower gifts.

These totally stand-out baby blankets measure 31 x 33 inches, and are made from breathable and lightweight 100% USA grown organic cotton. It's like wrapping your baby up in your favorite super-soft tee-shirt! I just added this cute little Etsy shop, Little Hip Squeaks, to my favorites. They have everything from colorful chevron leggings to mustache-designed baby blankets.

I found this wooden block set on Etsy as well. They come from the store, Little Sapling Toys, which offers anything from a baby-sized wooden guitar to a monogrammed baby-sized wooden camera. Perfect for infant play!

From the British-based online store, The Pippa & Ike Show. This adorable store offers anything from kids wear to party decor( these colorful washi tape rolls are a fave of mine currently). And they even have an area on their website dedicated to affordable gift ideas.

This brand makes muslin blankets, bibs, swaddles, sleepers, crib sheets... you name it. The lightweight muslin material permits air to circulate around the baby's body, while still providing comfort and warmth without the worry that the baby may overheat in moderate weather. Cotton muslin is also a workhorse fabric, in that wraps woven from this natural fiber stands up to repeated washings only becoming softer -- and better -- with age. 

These are just a couple different ideas that I came across... pair something unique like the above items with a basket full of baby staples.. i.e. bottles/pacifiers/diapers/wipes and this new mom should be good to go!

I can't wait for it to me my turn. ;)