Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Skinny on Skinny Girl Cocktails


I will openly admit that I jumped right on the SkinnyGirl Margarita band wagon last year. I absolutely 'assumed' the cocktail was a healthier option for me. Now that Skinnygirl Cocktails are expanding.... I am becoming a bit more interested in whether or not investing in these products is really the right choice. No longer do they just offer margaritas and sangria, but they are now releasing three wines, four flavored vodkas, and a pina colada mix. 

My question is... Are these drinks really better for you?

Apparently, Whole Foods Market quickly yanked these products off the shelves due to the lack of the label listing the ingredients. "Natural Flavors" isn't quite enough info for Whole Foods to determine that the ingredients being used meet their standards. 

Given this info.. I may just stick to what I know. Vodka Club Soda with fresh lemon and lime.